Here are some of the volunteer opportunities available at Kitchener Waterloo Little Theatre. Don't see what you're looking for? Email with your interests and we'll put you in touch with the rght person.
- Ushers and Front of House
- Officers for the 2017-2018 Season
- Teams & Special Projects for the 2017-2018 Season
Call for Ushers and Front of House for What Happened in Vegas
The Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre Box Office is looking for smart-serve-certified volunteers to be house managers and ushers for our performances of What Happened in Vegas!
You can volunteer to help out for any of the following performances, and you can volunteer for more than one:
- September 21, 22, 23
- September 28, 29, 30
- October 5, 6, 7
At least one volunteer per night must be smart serve certified and be able to produce a valid card on the night you will be volunteering. If you do not have smart serve, you can still help out but cannot handle any alcohol or sales.
Officers for the 2017-2018 Season
- Bookkeepers: Assist the Treasurer in keeping the Corporation’s books and records accurate and updated. A great role for those interested in business or accounting!
- Sponsorship Officer: We're looking for someone who would like to coordinate program ads and other forms of show sponsorship. You'd help us reach out to companies, coordinate ad placement, and brainstorm new ways to build corporate partnership. An organized and outgoing person would excel in this role, especially someone who is interested in sales or business development.
- Analytics Officer: We're looking for someone to comb through our Google Analytics, ticketing, and social media data to provide reports and suggest improvements. This person would also help us set up regular reporting and new business practices.
- Bar Manager: Decide what beer we sell! The bar manager is responsible for setting our alcohol menu, ordering supplies, and ensuring that we follow our license.
- Special Interest Officers: Do you have something you'd like to get done around the theatre? We are always happy to give you the support you need to implement a new system, start a new event, or help another officer with their tasks. If there's a board member whose portfolio you are interested in, please contact them about opportunities to volunteer with them.
Teams & Special Projects for the 2017-2018 Season
- Fundraising Team: We're looking for volunteers interested in writing grants and organizing fundraising activities like the Christmas Star program or the Silent Auction. Help us fund a second floor!
- Communications Team: Facebook, Twitter, email, posters, website! We do a lot of communicating and we'd love the help. We'd also love assistance from people with experience in web design, search engine optimization, or Google Adwords.
- Graphic Designers: We are always looking for graphic designers who are willing to donate their services to assist in poster and program creation. The sky's the limit on what you can create!
- Technical Team: Interested in helping out with technical projects? If you're interested in learning more about lighting, rigging, or have skills in tech, we'd love to have you help out our technical manager. A great spot for those who would be interested in being the Technical Manager in the future!
- Other Skills: Do you have other skills that you'd like to offer us, or a special project that you've always wanted to see done? Send us an email and we'll find the perfect spot for you.