Here are some of the volunteer opportunities available at Kitchener Waterloo Little Theatre. Don't see what you're looking for? Email with your interests and we'll put you in touch with the rght person.
- March Madness Committee
- Officers for the 2017-2018 Season
- Teams & Special Projects for the 2017-2018 Season
Join the Madness! March Madness Committee
Join the March Madness Committee - email !
March Madness is growing and we need your help to make this event even more awesome! March Madness is a week long theatre challenge allows small teams of thespians to perform the same script on the same set while trying to make it their own! This year we would like to reach even more of our community. And you have the opportunity to dive in and help shape one of the craziest and fantastic events of the KWLT season! We need you on this year’s March Madness Committee.
Dates of March Madness: March 2nd – 11th
What we are looking for:
- Folks interested in running our March Madness Event
- Help With: script selection, picking an adjudicator, defining the award levels, and selecting the appropriate prizes, recruiting participants, promoting the event within KWLT, promoting the event to Kitchener-Waterloo region
You can expect monthly meetings, then a more frequent meeting schedule up to March MADNESS!!! During and after meetings, you’ll communicate with the Artistic Director who will take your decisions and requests to the KWLT Board.
Officers for the 2017-2018 Season
- Sponsorship Officer: We're looking for someone who would like to coordinate program ads and other forms of show sponsorship. You'd help us reach out to companies, coordinate ad placement, and brainstorm new ways to build corporate partnership. An organized and outgoing person would excel in this role, especially someone who is interested in sales or business development.
- Analytics Officer: We're looking for someone to comb through our Google Analytics, ticketing, and social media data to provide reports and suggest improvements. This person would also help us set up regular reporting and new business practices.
- Bar/Concessions Manager: We're looking for someone who would like to manage our concessions stand and bar. Responsibilities include:
- Organizing specialty cocktails with our productions
- Deciding on our concessions & alcohol offerings
- Purchasing concessions & alcohol
- Tracking results of our concessions & alcohol sales
- Ensuring that we are complying with alcohol regulations
- Special Interest Officers: Do you have something you'd like to get done around the theatre? We are always happy to give you the support you need to implement a new system, start a new event, or help another officer with their tasks. If there's a board member whose portfolio you are interested in, please contact them about opportunities to volunteer with them.
Teams & Special Projects for the 2017-2018 Season
- Fundraising Team: We're looking for volunteers interested in writing grants and organizing fundraising activities like the Christmas Star program or the Silent Auction. Help us fund a second floor!
- Communications Team: Facebook, Twitter, email, posters, website! We do a lot of communicating and we'd love the help. We'd also love assistance from people with experience in web design, search engine optimization, or Google Adwords.
- Other Skills: Do you have other skills that you'd like to offer us, or a special project that you've always wanted to see done? Send us an email and we'll find the perfect spot for you.