KWLT is an all-volunteer organization, and we're always looking for new people with new ideas. Here are some of the volunteer opportunities available at Kitchener Waterloo Little Theatre. Don't see what you're looking for? Email with your interests and we'll put you in touch with the right person. We'll be updating this as positions are filled and new opportunities open up; in particular, once we have a clearer idea of what reopening looks like for us you should look out for production team opportunities for our main stage shows.
- Officers for the 2020-2021 Season
- Teams & Special Projects for the 2020-2021 Season
Officers for the 2020-2021 Season
- Analytics Officer: We're looking for someone to comb through our Google Analytics, ticketing, and social media data to provide reports and suggest improvements. This person would also help us set up regular reporting and new business practices.
- Carpentry Manager: Do you like set construction? The Carpentry Manager works with the Technical Manager to look after the stock staging in the shed and act as a resource for productions during their build periods.
- Costumes Manager: The Costumes Manager tracks and maintains our costumes stores and sewing supplies, and assists productions as necessary with costume ideas and sourcing. Sewing skills are nice to have but not necessary.
- Librarian: Did you know we have a lending library? We're looking for someone to look after our collection of play scripts and other resources, and keep track of who's borrowing what. This is a low-commitment role, but one with plenty of opportunity for growth.
- Online Project Coordinators: While we're still in pandemic mode KWLT is exploring socially distant theatre and theatre-related activities. As an Online Project Coordinator, you'll work with the AD and EP in supporting one stream of such activities (such as staged readings, round-table discussions, or radio plays).
- Publicity Officer: We're looking for someone to manage our media relations. You'd draft and disseminate press releases, serve as the main point of contact with traditional media, and work closely with the Communications Director and with show producers in promoting our shows and activities.
- Rehearsal Space Manager: The Rehearsal Space Manager deals with basic upkeep of our suite at 44 Gaukel Street.
- Safety Officer: The Safety Officer advises on and oversees the implementation of policies having to do with operational health and safety (e.g. working at heights, fire & smoke in the space, etc.) This is primarily a technical role, but shares some responsibilities with the Building Manager as well.
- Sponsorship Officer: We're looking for someone who would like to coordinate program ads and other forms of show sponsorship. You'd help us reach out to companies, coordinate ad placement, and brainstorm new ways to build corporate partnership. An organized and outgoing person would excel in this role, especially someone who is interested in sales or business development.
- Workshop Coordinator: Part of KWLT's mission is educational, providing opportunities for our members to grow their theatrical skills as well as instilling knowledge of (and love for) theatre in the general populace. As Workshop Coordinator you'll work with the EP and AD to provide such opportunities.
Special Interest Officers: Do you have something you'd like to get done around the theatre? We are always happy to give you the support you need to implement a new system, start a new event, or help another officer with their tasks. If there's a board member whose portfolio you are interested in, please contact them about opportunities to volunteer with them.
Teams & Special Projects for the 2020-2021 Season
- Communications Team: Facebook, Twitter, email, posters, website! We do a lot of communicating and we'd love the help. We'd also love assistance from people with experience in web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, or Google Adwords.
- Front of House Team: Our front-of-house volunteers run ticketing and concessions and serve as ushers during our shows (and sometimes other special events).
- Fundraising Team: We're looking for volunteers interested in writing grants and organizing fundraising activities like the Christmas Star program or the Silent Auction. This year improving our show control hardware and software is our main capital priority, and to do that effectively we'll need to raise some extra cash.
- Outreach Team: We're looking for energetic and outgoing volunteers to help us build our presence in the greater community. The Outreach Team would represent KWLT at community events like Open Streets and Maker Expo, spreading the word about our theatre through activities and public engagement.
- Other Skills: Do you have other skills that you'd like to offer us, or a special project that you've always wanted to see done? Send us an email and we'll find the perfect spot for you.