Here are some of the volunteer opportunities available at Kitchener Waterloo Little Theatre. Don't see what you're looking for? Email with your interests and we'll put you in touch with the right person.
- KWLT Singalong Squad
- Producer Committee
- Officers for the 2018-2019 Season
- Teams & Special Projects for the 2018-2019 Season
KWLT Singalong Squad
Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre is partnering with Apollo Cinema on a series of singalong nights! The Apollo picks out beloved movie-musicals, and KWLT volunteers get the audience to sing along, lending their voices and their enthusiasm.
We're looking for some more people to join the Singalong Squad to help out with these events. You should be able to make it out to at least some of the events, and willing to prepare in advance by learning songs that you don't already know. A decent singing voice, an infectious personality, and no fear of singing in front of hundreds of people are all good traits for this role. If you're interested in helping out, email and let us know!
The Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre’s mission is to create and promote the theatrical arts with and for everyone in the Kitchener-Waterloo community. We are an entirely volunteer-run non-profit charity, and run five mainstage productions per year. We welcome both experienced and inexperienced volunteers and offer training and workshops for anyone looking to increase their skills in the theatrical arts.
The Producer Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Directors with no set term length or limit. The Producer Committee’s purpose is to set the vision for and manage the overall marketing strategy for our season of productions.
As a member of the Producer Committee, you will:
- Collaborate with the rest of the committee to brainstorm, plan, and execute promotional campaigns
- Liaise between production teams and the Board of Directors
- Manage budgets for productions
- Plan and orchestrate the yearly season launch event
- Execute marketing campaigns, working with the production teams to create content and advertise the shows
You may enjoy working on the committee if you have or want to improve on the following skills:
- Project management
- Graphic design
- Event planning
As a member of the Producer Committee, you will be expected to attend two-hour meetings every three weeks, and complete various tasks as assigned to you between meetings. The Producer Committee reports to the Executive Producer and Communications Director on the Board of Directors.
- What do you hope to accomplish on the committee?
- What interests you about being on the committee?
Officers for the 2018-2019 Season
- Analytics Officer: We're looking for someone to comb through our Google Analytics, ticketing, and social media data to provide reports and suggest improvements. This person would also help us set up regular reporting and new business practices.
- Librarian: We're looking for someone to look after our collection of play scripts and other resources, and keep track of who's borrowing what. This is a low-commitment role, but one with plenty of opportunity for growth.
- Publicity Officer: We're looking for someone to manage our media relations. You'd draft and disseminate press releases, serve as the main point of contact with traditional media, and work closely with the Producer Committee in promoting our shows and activities.
- Sponsorship Officer: We're looking for someone who would like to coordinate program ads and other forms of show sponsorship. You'd help us reach out to companies, coordinate ad placement, and brainstorm new ways to build corporate partnership. An organized and outgoing person would excel in this role, especially someone who is interested in sales or business development.
- Technical Asset Manager: This is an officer position responsible for purchase and sale of technical assets; it is responsible only for technical assets as they transiton to or from KWLT ownership, and not for their maintenance while they are owned by KWLT. This is a behind-the-scenes officer role that can greatly contribute to the theatre's bottom line in a direct way. See the full role description here.
- Ticketing Officer: We're looking for someone to assist the Box Office Manager with managing ticket sales and reservations. You'd help keep track of reservations coming in via phone and email messages, ensuring that these are reflected in the ticket availability on EventBrite, and otherwise assist with the duties of the Box Office Manager.
- Workshop Co-ordinator: We're looking for someone to organize workshops in theatrical skills for our members (and other interested members of the committee). You'll work with the Artistic Director to find experts to present workshops, handle the logistics of the workshops, and organize the publicity for them.
- Special Interest Officers: Do you have something you'd like to get done around the theatre? We are always happy to give you the support you need to implement a new system, start a new event, or help another officer with their tasks. If there's a board member whose portfolio you are interested in, please contact them about opportunities to volunteer with them.
Teams & Special Projects for the 2018-2019 Season
- Fundraising Team: We're looking for volunteers interested in writing grants and organizing fundraising activities like the Christmas Star program or the Silent Auction. This year improving our show control hardware and software is our main capital priority, and to do that effectively we'll need to raise some extra cash.
- Communications Team: Facebook, Twitter, email, posters, website! We do a lot of communicating and we'd love the help. We'd also love assistance from people with experience in web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, or Google Adwords.
- Outreach Team: We're looking for energetic and outgoing volunteers to help us build our presence in the greater community. The Outreach Team would represent KWLT at community events like Open Streets and Maker Expo, spreading the word about our theatre through activities and public engagement.
- Other Skills: Do you have other skills that you'd like to offer us, or a special project that you've always wanted to see done? Send us an email and we'll find the perfect spot for you.