Our 2016 Little Stars Campaign is well underway. Here are five reasons to purchase one of these gorgeous stars:
- Get a star! Any donation of $50 or more to the campaign will be thanked with a hand-knit star ornament, available in any of six colours. Check them out when you come to see Scrooge Macbeth, if you haven’t already; they’re lovely.
- Support your community theatre. For over eighty years we’ve thrived in the twin cities relying on the support of the community; while we do receive small operating grants from the cities of Kitchener and Waterloo, the lion’s share of our budget comes from our production revenues (including concessions) and from donations.
- Improve our working spaces. We now have a liquor license, and we’d like to improve the concessions area at the theatre to accommodate those operations better; we also have a price rehearsal space downtown, and we’d like to shape it to our needs. Everything we raise through this drive will support those two projects; if there’s anything left over, we’ll put it towards long-term capital improvement.
- Get a charitable donation receipt. With the end of the year on the horizon, it’s a good time to think about taxes. All donations through this drive are tax-deductible.
- Seriously, the stars are awesome. And if you make your donation by tonight, you should be able to pick up your star this week at Scrooge Macbeth. Find the donation form here.