KWLT's ultimate theatrical challenge is coming up soon, and we want you to be a part of it!
In March Madness, multiple production teams get the same short script and have one week to turn it into theatre, putting their own unique spin on the story. All of the teams present their interpretations back-to-back in one night of theatrical insanity; we invite an adjudicator to award individual honours and the audience gets to vote on their favourite variation. If you'd like to try directing, stage managing, or some other technical role without committing to a main stage show, March Madness might be for you!
We're looking for volunteers to join this year's March Madness production teams. A team consists of a director and a stage manager at minimum, but can include as many people as you like in whatever roles make sense: choreographer, music director, special effects, costumer… We welcome applicants both as individuals and as teams; the organizing committee will do their best to group individual applicants into production teams.
The key dates:
- February 28th: Kickoff meeting at the theatre in the evening. Everyone should be here; each team must have at least one representative present.
- February 29th: Auditions at the theatre, 12-4pm. Mandatory for directors and SMs.
- March 6th: Tech night / showcase; this is when all of the participants can see each others' productions.
- March 7th: The madness! Expect to be at the theatre for most of the day and late into the evening.
- Your name
- If applying as an individual, your desired role in a production team (director, SM, other)
- If applying as part of a team, the names of your team members and your roles
- What you hope to get out of the March Madness experience
Please apply by Monday, February 24th for full consideration.