Here are some of the volunteer opportunities available at Kitchener Waterloo Little Theatre. Don't see what you're looking for? Email with your interests and we'll put you in touch with the rght person.
- Producer Committee
- Officers for the 2017-2018 Season
- Teams & Special Projects for the 2017-2018 Season
The Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theatre’s mission is to create and promote the theatrical arts with and for everyone in the Kitchener-Waterloo community. We are an entirely volunteer-run non-profit charity, and run five mainstage productions per year. We welcome both experienced and inexperienced volunteers and offer training and workshops for anyone looking to increase their skills in the theatrical arts.
The Producer Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Directors with no set term length or limit. The Producer Committee’s purpose is to set the vision for and manage the overall marketing strategy for our season of productions.
As a member of the Producer Committee, you will:
- Collaborate with the rest of the committee to brainstorm, plan, and execute promotional campaigns
- Liaise between production teams and the Board of Directors
- Manage budgets for productions
- Plan and orchestrate the yearly season launch event
- Execute marketing campaigns, working with the production teams to create content and advertise the shows
You may enjoy working on the committee if you have or want to improve on the following skills:
- Project management
- Graphic design
- Event planning
As a member of the Producer Committee, you will be expected to attend two-hour meetings every three weeks, and complete various tasks as assigned to you between meetings. The Producer Committee reports to the Executive Producer and Communications Director on the Board of Directors.
- What do you hope to accomplish on the committee?
- What interests you about being on the committee?
Officers for the 2017-2018 Season
- Sponsorship Officer: We're looking for someone who would like to coordinate program ads and other forms of show sponsorship. You'd help us reach out to companies, coordinate ad placement, and brainstorm new ways to build corporate partnership. An organized and outgoing person would excel in this role, especially someone who is interested in sales or business development.
- Analytics Officer: We're looking for someone to comb through our Google Analytics, ticketing, and social media data to provide reports and suggest improvements. This person would also help us set up regular reporting and new business practices.
- Bar/Concessions Manager: We're looking for someone who would like to manage our concessions stand and bar. Responsibilities include:
- Organizing specialty cocktails with our productions
- Deciding on our concessions & alcohol offerings
- Purchasing concessions & alcohol
- Tracking results of our concessions & alcohol sales
- Ensuring that we are complying with alcohol regulations
- Special Interest Officers: Do you have something you'd like to get done around the theatre? We are always happy to give you the support you need to implement a new system, start a new event, or help another officer with their tasks. If there's a board member whose portfolio you are interested in, please contact them about opportunities to volunteer with them.
- Technical Asset Liquidation Officer: We need to let go of some of our technical assets. Some equipment needs to be replaced, and some of our equipment just needs to go so that we have space to store the equipment we actually use. We are looking for someone to find good homes for these items, and recover some of their value along the way. This is a behind-the-scenes officer role that can greatly contribute to the theatre’s bottom line in a direct way.
Teams & Special Projects for the 2017-2018 Season
- Fundraising Team: We're looking for volunteers interested in writing grants and organizing fundraising activities like the Christmas Star program or the Silent Auction. Help us fund a second floor!
- Communications Team: Facebook, Twitter, email, posters, website! We do a lot of communicating and we'd love the help. We'd also love assistance from people with experience in web design, search engine optimization, or Google Adwords.
- Other Skills: Do you have other skills that you'd like to offer us, or a special project that you've always wanted to see done? Send us an email and we'll find the perfect spot for you.