What is March Madness? It is a weeklong theatre challenge that allows small teams of thespians to perform the same script on the same set while trying to make it their own! This is your opportunity to dive in and help shape one of the craziest and fantastic events of the KWLT season!
Have you ever wanted to try your hand at putting on a play?
Are you an experienced director or stage manager who'd like to run a show but can't commit to weeks of preparation time?
Are you just looking for something fun to do for a week in March?
If the answer to ANY of these questions is "yes", then March Madness is what you've been waiting for!
KWLT's ultimate theatrical competition is looking for production teams, consisting of a director and a stage manager plus any other back- and off-stage crew you might want. You'll get your script on March 6th and audition for your cast on the 7th, with performances and adjudication on the 14th.
Intrigued? Write to Colleen Matthews to sign on or with any questions. Please register by February 27th to secure your team’s spot in the competition.
Auditions: March 7, 2015.
Performances: March 14, 2015.
March Madness: How it works
- Friday, March 6, 8 PM: Kickoff meeting at KWLT. Each production team should have at least one member present to receive the script and the set design. They'll also meet the event staff and get a tour of the theatre.
- Saturday, March 7th, late morning: Auditions at KWLT.
- Sunday, March 8 to Thursday, March 12: Rehearsals. Production teams are responsible for finding their own rehearsal spaces.
- Friday, March 13, evening: Tech rehearsals at KWLT. This is the first chance to see the constructed set. Teams will work with the event Technical Director to set up any lighting and sound cues they require.
- Saturday, March 14, morning: Dress rehearsals at KWLT. A run-through of the entire performance, stopping briefly to work out technical glitches as necessary.
- Saturday, March 14, evening: Showtime! Adjudication and awards follow.