Beginning September 22, 2021, and in conjunction with the Provincial mandate for theatres and many other public gathering places, all Kitchener Waterloo Little Theatre (KWLT) patrons will need to provide proof of full vaccination status with either a Health Canada or CDC authorized vaccine.
“Fully vaccinated” means:
- that the patron has received:
- the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines,
- one or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or
- three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada; and
- that they received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.
An official proof of vaccination receipt or a provincially-mandated vaccination passport — displayed either on a smartphone or with a physical copy of the proof of vaccination — must be presented at time of entry into the KWLT space.
All patrons 12 years or older must also present a government-issued photo ID which includes name and DOB, such as a birth certificate, citizenship card, driver’s licence, government-issued ID card (Ontario issued or other), including health card, Indian status card/indigenous membership card, passport, permanent resident card. Children under 12, who are accompanied by an adult that meets the above vaccination requirements, will be allowed entry in accordance with the prevailing medical guidance at the time of the performance or event.
Exceptions will be made only for patrons who provide proof of exemption as the Province requires. At this time exemptions include the following:
- Children under 12
- Patrons with a medical exemption (must present ID AND written document) – must have written documentation from a doctor or nurse stating they are exempt for a medical reason from COVID-19 vaccination, and the effective time-period for the medical reason
For your safety, as well as that of our artists and staff, and in accordance with this Provincial order, KWLT will not admit any patrons who are unable to provide this required documentation.
Mask wearing remains mandatory for both outdoor and indoor events, concerts and performances. This includes all areas of our theatre and during performances. Distancing and capacity reductions within our theatre remain in place.
We anticipate being required to maintain many of these protocols throughout the remainder of 2021 and until the Provincial Government allows for a relaxation of these requirements. As government guidance is rapidly evolving, our protocols will likewise be amended and updated as necessary.