We’re 3 months into the new board year and our new committees are starting to get into the swing of things! We have restructured our board meeting agendas to be focused on the committees and their needs, and the first meeting with this new structure was a success. Here are some of the key decisions we made at our September board meeting:
- We will be assembling and sending out a survey to the community to learn more about how people want to engage with us, so keep your eyes peeled for that in the coming months!
- The first Friday, second Saturday, and third Thursday performances (November 11, November 19, and November 24 respectively) of Ali & Ali will have extra COVID restrictions, for our patrons who are more comfortable with enforced masking and reduced capacity
- We had a discussion about whether to continue to enforce masking for our volunteers and patrons (currently required for both at all times in our spaces), and decided that we would continue to enforce this requirement (and also provide masks for anyone who forgets one)
Our committees have been busy, and are looking for more members to join them! Here are some of the projects they are working on which you may be interested in:
- The Volunteer Development and Support committee is working on creating the survey to send to the community to collect information, and will be creating a repository of volunteers and their interests
- The Artistic Steering committee is working on putting together the 2023/2024 season, and will also be determining the artistic direction of the theatre in a post-pandemic world
- The Communications committee is working on sharing tasks around posting to social media, updating the website, sending this newsletter, and addressing emails as they come in
- The Show Support committee is working directly with our productions to answer their questions and provide support as needed, and is also putting together a “master list” of all the tasks that have to be done (from the organization level) to support our events
- The Social committee is working on deciding and planning social events
If you are interested in joining any of the committees, let us know! You can join the Slack directly by clicking on this link, or you can email Carolyn (email@example.com) for more information.
0 comments on “September Board Meeting Summary & Committees”