An acidic comedy about a family to die for
Written by Steven Elliott Jackson
Directed by Todd Davies
Auditions: September 10–13, 2023
Performances: November 17–December 3, 2023
Before the Kardashians, there were the Mitfords! Decorum disappears quickly when this dysfunctional family comes together on the day of a funeral. Filled with animosity and ever sharpening tongues, Thomas, Pamela, Nancy, Diana, Unity, Jessica and Deborah resemble a complicated mix of beliefs, relationships, and lifestyles and yet they manage to gather with claws and words fully armed. Biting dark humour, and the dramatic complications of fame and infamy, flow through this acidic new comedy from the playwright of “The Seat Next To The King”. By the end of this funeral, the family may need more than one coffin!
The Funeral to End All Funerals runs from November 17 through December 3 on Friday and Saturday nights at 8pm and a Sunday matinee. Tickets are $20 in advance (plus service fees), $25 at the door, with discounts available for KWLT members, groups of six or more patrons, and youths (under 18).
The playwright, Steven Elliot Jackson, will do talkbacks on November 18 and November 26.
Please note that online ticket sales are available up until 4 hours before the performance. Even then, there may still be walk-in tickets available, so please arrive before showtime!
- Andre Furlong as Tom Mitford
- Lia Mendonca as Unity Mitford
- Jackie Wray as Nancy Mitford
- Katherine Schill as Pamela Mitford
- Ashley King as Jessica Mitford
- Zivy Hardy as Diana Mitford
- Inese Hill as Deborah Mitford
- Director: Todd Davies
- Stage Manager: Caspian Stonehouse
- Assistant Stage Manager: Christina Kulikov
- Lighting Designer: Noah Snow
- Sound Designer: Thomas Humphries
- Technical Advisor: Michael L. Davenport